Monday 21 September 2009

Recreation aged 10 plus

Recreation

The indoor geek

The outside world was a stressful place for me mainly due to how exhausting life could be just exploring the outdoors and my skin was always sensitive to the cold. I was what you would call a geek mainly because I was mostly indoors playing on my first ever computer which by todays standards was not at all good. It was an Amstrad 464 see picture below


Like on this picture it had a tape casette player for loading up games that would take agers to play. I used to love playing the old games back then and even used to take apart the keyboard to fix the keys due to excess use plus I even used to type in code which was basic and would take hours to create just a simple picture. I do not know the specs of this computer as I just used to like playing on it rather than going crazy on it. It also cost a lot of money back then so taking it apart would have killed it because computers couldnt really be modified back then.

Roland on the Ropes

This was just one of many games I played on the Amstrad called Roland on the ropes which was very adictive back then and you can still play it on an Amstrad emulator for the pc now. The graphics were just plain awful but in that day these games were very magical. I would rather sit in side though playing on this and other games to keep me entertained.

How I lived

At this stage in my life I was still kind of lost and I was moving in and out of reality on most occasions. I was completely clueless to the functions of society and I just couldn't work out the purpose for living. I tried to find things to stimulate me and this mainly consisted of going out on the street to find people to play with. I would find some kids who would play a game called kirby which meant throwing a ball and try to hit the kirb of a road.

No comments:

Post a Comment