Monday 21 September 2009

Early years artwork

Drawing with pen and pencil

There was something I would always do to get me through times of boredom because I have always had a really the weak boredom threshold. I used to spend countless hours drawing things which went through a series of stages from scibbling to creating patterns of texture in the quickest way possible. I would draw monsters, dinosaurs, creatures, freaks, mutants, mythological creatures, ghosts and much more. I would always start with the face of the being first especially creating the eyes first. I never really knew what it was going to come out like and I believe that is how I first became to develop methods of creating things from scratch. I like to believe that it is more fascinating to me to just conjure up things from no where as if by magic. I feel that the imagination can never really pre concieve of an image until it is as been created in the reality of this physical dimension. Although I see things in my minds eye I can not ever replicate them procisily and I believe the physical world owes much in the creation of art as does the mind and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment