Monday 21 September 2009

Early years the home

The home

Well when I was a baby I lived in a block of flats in a rough part of Nottingham. My mum then got a place to live at Aspley in Nottinghamshire soon afterwards in one of the largest council estates you could live on. I have visited it not long ago and its hardly changed over the years even to this day. I often like to go back and revist places in my past as my mind likes doing that and it comforts me and can be quite an emotional experience as well. We used to watch Night rider in the house, there would be me, my brother and mum all watching the tele every thursday night at 7 which ment we could stay up that little bit more. We used to have some friends that lived accross the road, well a family. Richard was there dads name, then there was Jackie I think and her sons Mark and Michael plus a daughter named Karen I think. There used to be some garages and a little drive area which we would go to play in and ride our bikes. My brother learnt to ride his bike before me which really frustrated me but alas I taught myself through fear how to ride even through the anxiety of impending doom. I remember looking down at the floor and hoping not to fall down hard onto it which of course happened on the odd occasion. I spent many a time in the bedroom and remember sitting on the ledge sucking on the hard but soft council paint which was that very shiney white smelly stuff. I would look down on to the outside of the window and would watch the little red creatures for hours wondering what they were and wondering what there perspectives were of the world being so small. I would often just out of interest press down on one to see what had happened and I would notice aftwards a faint blood like stain on my finger. I was also amazed by spiders and would collect them out in the garden and put them into a jar. anther one of my crazy habits was spitting into the soil to see how the colour of my own liquid would change and become brown/grey in apperence. I found it to seem like magic almost like.

No comments:

Post a Comment