Monday 21 September 2009

Alexandra Street and Stapleford early age

Alexandra Street

The place where my grandparents lived was just some old terraced house with 3 bedrooms, a front and back living room, kitchen and toilet/bathroom which was brought for very little back years back. At the back was a nice garden which my grandparents would grow vegetables and flowers etc. The back garden was one of my special places and I would spend alot of time alone exploring it. I had a very dark obsession with ants though and would spend countless hours finding different methods on killing them and especially drowning them in small pots of water or my fave was to throw them into spiders webs and watch how amazing it was to see them become encased in the web that would spit from the spider. I will still do that to this day which i find a remarkable action in a very dramatic display of instinctual survival.

I used to watch many films at my grandparents house and would go out to re-in act various persons, hero's etc. I used to feel like a warrior on many occasions and would use wooden canes as weapons practicing many made up martial art skills often ending up with a good amount of splinters.

The Plot of Land

There was a factory opposite the house and it was huge. It had this great big chimney which seemed endless and then one great day it was demolished which was an amazing sight of destruction I had ever witnessed. I think it was spectacular seeing something so strong collapse like a stack of cards with debris and dust creating clouds of smoke. That empty plot of land where the factory had been became my new world which was left untouched after its flattening for a good long time and out grew much amazing things abandoned as if it was another planet for me to land on and discover a doorway to many worlds. In fact once I encounted a small group of men dressed up as soldiers doing some amateur filming on the plot which opened my eyes to war scape's so along came a war world for me to play in.

No comments:

Post a Comment