Monday 21 September 2009

Friends and Footy 11 years plus

Football & friends

For some reason and I do not know how but I made a friend named grant who is actually on my facebook list rite now and I have not had time to chat with him yet. I used to go and play on a few of the fields and parks in the areas near to me. My younger brother GAZ always used to know where to hang out and I would usually follow him to the places he would go to. There was a shop down the road and they had a games machine in it where a small group of lads would go and play. They had games such as Double dragon and my fav Splatterhouse a very gory 2d platform game. In them days it was the thing to all go and stand around a games machine as games consoles were not easy to purchase. Please see pictures of the games I used to play


Double Dragon

Splatterhouse

I used to play football on the local field as well and I really enjoyed it. I did not really have to chat much in the game it was all about just looking and passing the ball about. I would play with lads from 10 up to 17 and I would play for hours on end but I would have to take regular breaks and I would have to squat on the floor in order to get my breath back with having had a heart problem as a young kid. I played for many years and I actually got very skillful at it but I always knew I could not make anything of myself in the football game. My brother would play as well and I would often just attack him if he got the ball off me and I would hit him for really silly reasons. I never liked doing that it would just happen and I would get scared of looking stupid because of him being my younger brother. My brother back then was a real little clown as well and he would do all kinds of things to make people laugh which I could not understand. I was always getting jealous of him and the attention he received but in the end I would find more sanctuary in being at home and watching the television.

Now back to my friend Grant who was a really decent goal keeper an essential postion especially as this was the one thing that most people would avoid. He would dive about without any problems and save some amazing power shots. I would just go on the field and take shots at him for hours on end and it was an amazing experience. He was a few years older than me and hence he had interests of a different kind yet I was very open myself to this interest but with more fear than he did. This interest was in the opposite sex and we would often visit the local swimming centre to watch women and we would admire there assets. He was really after as much eye candy as possible and it was fun but I was also very shy of the females. I was not really ready for pulling the gals but I did enjoy this bird spotting hobby. Me and Grant seemed to go our separate ways sadly and one of the last experiences I had of him he was angry with me over some girl. He had become a hunter of girls and I was just not that interested in actually physically connecting with them. I ended up losing a girlfriend to him and it was mainly due to the fact that I could not give the girl what I should have done like most lads. It was all to scary for me yet I did enjoy imagining romantic things and I always loved watching films about love, sex and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment