Monday 21 September 2009

Early years my mum

My Mother from when I was young

My mum was a very feminine lady and very very caring towards me. As a child she was everything to me and my brother. My mums name is Pauline which is a name she as never really liked so now she as kind of changed her name to Polly. She was born in 1957 at Alexandra Street Stapleford Nottingham so at the home my grandparents lived. She had quite a strictish routine with us as we would have to go to bed at around 7pm each night and in the summer which was very difficult. My mum was a very powerful figure in my life and wouldn't dare cross her as even to be looked at in a bad way would worry me greatly. Me and my brother would get the odd smacked leg if we behaved in a badly which we honoured.

Polly my mum had to suffer greatly through my illness watching a small blue baby literally on the edge of death everyday waiting for the operation to cure me. She said that people would look at her as if she was somehow neglecting me but it was my hearth condition that was the cause. I had fallots you see which starves the body of oxygen mainly because of 4 things wrong with the heart. She was told on many occasions that I was very near death on even while at hospital told I had died for short peaks as I had to be taken off life support on occasions due to the cleaning out of the machine. At that time in her life her faith was very strong.

My mums personality was very much of that of the domesticated hard working women, she was always cleaning up around the house and cooking for me and my brother. She would let us play out in the garden at first and take us for small outings to say walk around the local woods which was one of my fav pastimes. She never really liked herself much when she in her twenty's and had very low self esteme especially with how she looked and always even to this day about her weight. I still remember how she hated having her photograph taken. I always felt it difficult to understand my mum as a child but loved her very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment