Monday 21 September 2009

5 to 7 years Cyprus

The holiday to Cyprus

This as to be one of my fav experiences ever and really the only time I have ever had the chance to leave the british soil. I was 7 at the time and things were getting more brighter for me in life. Well anyway my mum met some cypriot fella at a chip shop she worked at and he came to move in with us lot. His name was Theo Joannou and he was not a bad chap around then. It must have been hard for him looking back as I have done that myself recently.

Anyway after talk of this holiday we finally got taken to this airport and I remember sitting in this seat and at great speed feeling like I was heading to space, my ears were also popping like mad and I would look out of the window which was awesome. After what felt like many hours we landed at Larnica airport and when we left the plain I entered a whole knew world with beautiful colours and heat waves all around. We briskly walked through the landing area to the small airport that allowed us access into the land of Cyprus.
Apparently we spent weeks there but for how long I can not remember. I do remember some really nice visions of walking along the beach front at dawn hearing hissing and cricket sounds. Larnica was a really old kind of town and beautiful in its shopping area. The greatist thing was the sea and beach which was just a splender of golden hot sands and steaming warm waters which you could see to the bottom. I couldn't quite swim back then but me and my brother both had rubber rings that would float us around and we ventured out quite far it was amazing. I also remember the embarrisment of seeing topless women which kinda became boring after a while because I didn't like the look of boobs and that. It was especially scary when my own mother sat topless which was a new thing to see and I was kinda worried for her not to be seen. I loved all the gift shops and still remember to this day the monk things that were my first glance into the world of smut humour. You pressed its head down and a pink willy came popping out of its robe. I was not amused myself but kinda laughed with embarrisment and fear due to a thing I had at anxious times I would laugh very much. We visited Nicosia on one or a few occasions to find a chemist for my brother who had developed very large blisters on his body due to the intense heat and sun. I still remember the wall of horror which was were Cyprus was split and it was very much like you see in movies to do with arak ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment